Most people (including marketers) hate popups: they consider them as an obstruction and thinks that they can only distract visitors. But, the actual reality is very different that when the popups are used correctly it can boost your subscriber’s count and conversions.
In the world of online marketing, there is no strategy as using popups comes in mind that these really work in the real life to build or boost the business, so the question becomes “Do Pop-Ups Work?”
The majority of people are becoming more and more accepting of them, especially now that the designs have become more sophisticated and the offers for new subscribers have become harder to refuse. This trend can be seen mostly on E-commerce websites as they provide bundle offers to old subscriber or new users making a mind set in the users mind so as to make them accepting the offers.
- Opt-in popups are the best tool for an e-commerce lead generation as they force every visitor to make a yes or no decision to subscribe to your list. Knowing your audience is imperative.
- When designing popups, include offers that are aligned with what you know about your audience, and make your CTA as easy as possible for visitors to locate and act upon.
Grab Attention Popup:
- The user is already having one foot at your door, so you need to really get their attention if you want them to take notice.
- These pop-ups offer visitor something to lure them to become a subscriber. It is a good technique to encourage your visitor to become a subscriber by gladly giving you their email address, name or any other information you require to target them in future.
- These pop up appears only when a visitor tries to exit the website. These pop up is different from other pop up as they don’t interrupt your visitors browsing they only interrupt their leaving.
- The exit pop up technology uses mouse movements of a visitor to detect his intent. So, the moment a visitor is about to leave the website, it will trigger a last second pop up in an attempt to pull back the leaving visitor.
Offer a Reminder Popup:
- Offering a reminder pop up is a commonly used tactic for sites with shopping carts.
- If the webpage being visited includes forms, you could remind people that any information they have entered will be lost upon exiting. Using attention-grabbing language such as “Wait!” or “Hold on!” is an effective complement to this tactic.
Number Pop up:
- Numbers attract attention—whether you use it as a headline, a caption, a blog title, as part of your artwork. Numbers will capture your reader’s attention by visually, as tens of thousands of readers is a definite plus, and the idea of changing the color of a button can increase profits by 20% -25% is interesting.
- Psychologically, the more specific a number is, the more believable the impression becomes to your readers.
Focus Targeting Pop up:
- Popups alone are not going to increase your email list subscribers. It’s what you offer in the popup that counts. For your business, it’s important that you offer something that appeals to your target customer base, not the general public at large.